We are looking for a Legal & Compliance Associate who will support and develop the Seedrs Legal & Compliance Team. You'll work with all areas of the business to help ensure that Seedrs complies with applicable laws and regulations.
What you'll do:
- Assess compliance with the Firm's legal and regulatory obligations across a wide range of topics such as MiFID II and data protection and advise key stakeholders accordingly
- Day-to-day handing of legal and regulatory operations relating to the secondary market, outsourcing, and complaints handling
- Performing legal research on various matters affecting the business
- Support the Firm’s anti-money laundering and other financial crime prevention processes
- Provide training to staff on legal and compliance-related matters
- Engage on government and other policy matters related to crowdfunding
What we're looking for:
- A qualified lawyer (1 PQE+) with experience working in the financial services, regulatory, or corporate sector, or an experienced paralegal
- Excellent analytical skills supported by good business judgment
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at any given time
- Fluent English and excellent writing ability
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Able to use initiative, a good attitude, and a willingness to learn, listen and apply knowledge
- The ability to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Genuine interest in FinTech and an enthusiasm for the changing landscape of alternative finance
Salary and benefits:
- You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Employee share options.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit and coffee!