Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with over £730M invested into campaigns and more than 900 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London, with offices in Lisbon, Amsterdam and Berlin. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 2,500 of our own users. Seedrs is experiencing exceptional growth and are looking for superstars to join our team.
We have created a working environment which allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals:
➮ Be entrepreneurial
➮ Think customer first
➮ Do the right thing
➮ We succeed as one team
Reporting into the Heads of Business Development and Marketing, the position will focus on proactively and sustainably building high-value partnerships with businesses and influencers in key UK early stage and growth business ecosystems including the likes of startup accelerators, entrepreneurs clubs, law firms, accountants and others (excluding Institutional Investors).
Success will be measured by an ability to establish partnerships that deliver:
- Quality referrals to founders of Seed - Series C businesses looking for equity finance.
- Additional value-added support services to Seedrs clients.
- Increased visibility of Seedrs in key market segments and growth areas.
- Direct and affiliated revenues generated through partnerships.
We are looking for a proactive and natural Business Development person, with proven ability at building high-value partnerships in a sophisticated market. The role was created 2 years ago, outperforming targets since. It grew ground up to 200+ active partners, 8%+ direct revenue and hundreds of qualified referrals per annum. Candidates must be able to clearly showcase their track record of delivering these kinds of results, keep leveraging existing relationships, developing new ones and offer innovative ways forward. We are a growing business, so candidates should be entrepreneurial, flexible and solutions orientated.
Importantly, ideal candidates should have previously developed strong networks with key organisations in the early stage equity space, and be familiar with the practices and benefits of early-stage investing. The role is a management level position, with the potential to build a team once progress is proven.
What you’ll do:
- Lead on the acquisition of new partners to Seedrs, delivering high-value deal flow referrals to Seedrs (30% of your time).
- Oversee, nurture and expand existing Partner relations, retention and engagement (50% of your time).
- Work collaboratively with the Seedrs Campaign business development team and portfolio team, ensuring acquisition strategies are aligned and executed effectively.
- Identify and map new areas of growth and additional revenue streams like Sponsorship opportunities: ie. the annual Seedrs Alumni Award among other existing ones (10% of your time).
- Improve the Seedrs partnership value proposition, service, and product offering for key target groups.
- Deliver measurable growth in the value and contribution of Partnerships to Seedrs revenue and exposure levels.
- Develop enduring partnerships that allow Seedrs to further differentiate their service offering to clients from market competitors. Build on existing robust reporting mechanics for tracking partner value, and ensure relationships are diligently recorded in Seedrs’ Salesforce CRM and Looker Dashboards.
- Work closely with the rest of the Marketing & Business Development teams to create collateral and messaging in support of the Seedrs proposition.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years experience in sales, business development and/or partnerships in a similar industry or growth business.
- A diligent business development professional capable of identifying and capitalising on new business opportunities while maximising the value of current accounts.
- Experience of building relationships with leading service providers to early stage and growth businesses.
- Experience of developing a service offering and value proposition, testing and iterating in order to maximise results.
- Have Marketing acumen and knowledge to optimise existing function and processes at scale via growth hacking techniques.
- Have gravitas, charisma and a mature approach to business, with a passion for both closing in the short term and building relationships in the longer term.
- Client focused and highly organised, with experience of upholding the highest levels of client service.
- An entrepreneurial and commercial mindset.
- An interest in how early-stage businesses raise capital, and the impact that equity crowdfunding is having on this process.
- A belief in the value-creating potential of early-stage businesses.
- A highly organised individual with great attention to detail.
Salary and Benefits:
- You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised Gym or ClassPass membership.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme.
- Discounted Smarterly ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Cheese day.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!