Seedrs is a leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active investor in private companies in the UK. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London with offices in Lisbon, Amsterdam, Berlin and New York. We are backed by top UK fund manager Neil Woodford, Lord Rothschild’s Augmentum Capital, a number of European VCs and over 1,000 of our own users. Seedrs is experiencing exceptional growth and are looking for superstars to join our team.
We are looking for a smart, commercial lawyer who is ready to take on the challenge of a fast-moving fintech firm. You'll be working with all areas of the business to solve legal problems and helping our ambitious business grow at this exciting stage of its development.
What you'll do:
- Advise on a variety of legal topics affecting the business, from contractual negotiation, to data protection, to regulatory change
- Work with the business Development and Marketing Teams on partnerships terms, collateral, advertising and other communications
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to evaluate and minimise risk factors posed by new products and business lines
- Day-to-day handing of legal and regulatory operations relating to areas such as outsourcing, financial promotions and complaints handling
- Taking the lead with legal research on various domestic and international matters affecting the business
- Provide practical and relevant training to staff on legal and compliance-related matters
- Engage with government and other policy matters related to crowdfunding
- Maintain current knowledge changes in relevant legislation and rules
What we're looking for:
- A qualified lawyer (2 years PQE) with experience working in the financial services, regulatory, or corporate sector
- Excellent analytical skills supported by good business judgment
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at any given time
- Fluent English and excellent writing ability
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Able to use initiative, a good attitude, and a willingness to learn, listen and apply knowledge
- Exposure to FCA rules helpful but not required
- The ability to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Genuine interest in FinTech and an enthusiasm for the changing landscape of alternative finance
Salary and benefits:
- You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Salary: £40,000 - 45,000 (dependent on experience).
- Employee share options.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit and coffee!