Seedrs is a leading equity crowdfunding platform in Europe and the most active UK investor in private companies. It allows all types of investors to invest in growth businesses, and ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community. Over £420 million has been invested on the platform and 670 deals funded since launch. Seedrs was named 'Crowdfunding platform of the Year' in 2017 and one of Business Insider’s Fintech Brands ‘most likely to join the unicorn club’.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and motivated Head of Product to join our team, be a leader in our Lisbon office and a champion for delivering product change across the business.
As Head of Product you will be involved with problem discovery through to concept development, build, launch and iteration. You’ll work with a dedicated team of developers and designers to build products focused on providing real value to our Entrepreneurs and Investors. This will involve collaborating across the company with our Product, Design, Engineering, Investment and Marketing teams. You’ll be based in Lisbon but be required to visit our London office periodically to engage with and update the broader business.
As a leader in the Lisbon office you will also inspire and coach the team, make decisions on their behalf and act as a focal point for Seedrs as its most senior full-time representative. With this remit you will be expected to be able to connect with all experience backgrounds, whether a Junior Engineer, Senior Designer, Support Analyst or Product Manager to gain their respect and recognition for you to be able to represent their interests across the wider Company.
What you’ll do
- Act as a mentor / coach to less experienced members of the team - across all disciplines
- Lead the ideation, development and launch of Seedrs products
- Be an evangelist / expert of agile methodology having implemented and/or worked in its various forms
- Inspire a first class team of engineers and designers to execute
- Partner with the wider business team to understand the key questions we need to answer and the problems to solve, then solve them
- Revel in the process of rapid prototyping and design
- Integrate qualitative and quantitative analyses as part of the development process
- Be an agent of change, always looking to get a simple version out first
- Define and analyse metrics that define the success of your products
Who you are
- You are fluent in English and Portuguese
- You have 8+ years experience of web or native product management, overseeing a dedicated team and managing backlog prioritisation, roadmap, and delivery of user-facing functionality
- You have experience of managing teams, working with senior stakeholders and are able to marry the direction with the detail and skate the line between giving direction and allowing autonomy and ownership
- You have a passion for problem solving through user-centric design, applying expertise, data, research and judgement to make sure you’re focused on making the biggest impact to our entrepreneurs and investors
- You are curious and able to derive meaningful insight from data
- You have experience in defining and running A/B tests to drive the decision making process and test your hypotheses
- You thrive on evangelising your product vision and engaging with teams across the company, at all levels
Nice to have
- A Masters level education in a business and/or technical field
- Startup experience
- An understanding of SQL and modern tracking tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc)
- Familiarity with primary research techniques and when to deploy them dependant on the context
- Experience of working remotely to the Head Office and the extra consideration that brings
Salary & Benefits:
- You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform each month.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Great offices with free fruit and coffee!