Seedrs is a leading equity crowdfunding platform and one of the most active funders of private companies in the UK, with over £550M invested into pitches and more than 750 deals funded. Seedrs has changed the way growth companies raise funding, build community, and scale by democratising early stage investing. Now all types of investors can invest as little, or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success.
Seedrs HQ is in London with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin and Lisbon. We are backed by top UK fund manager Neil Woodford, Augmentum Fintech PLC (listed on the London Stock Exchange Main Market and Europe’s largest listed fintech fund), a number of European VCs and over 1,000 of our own users. Seedrs is experiencing exceptional growth and are looking for superstars to join our team
About the role:
As one of the most active equity funders of private companies in Europe, Seedrs is at the cutting-edge of innovation in Fintech, entrepreneurship and growth capital fundraising.
The Investor Relations Associate sits within Seedrs’ Investor Team; a crucial part of the business responsible for the flow of capital from institutional and intermediary investors to Seedrs dealflow.
The core focuses of the role include:
Introduction and Syndication
- Anchor/institutional investment into Seedrs portfolio companies future funding rounds, new companies raising rounds on Seedrs and private rounds off platform.
- Working closely with institutional partners for top-up capital on Seedrs
Raise Fund Capital
- Seedrs works with institutional investors to help provide structures to open up new capital from a wider untapped audience.
- This can be directly into a private equity fund via the Seedrs LP Feeder Fund or through a sidecar model.
Seedrs Fund and Portfolio Services
- Seedrs is building a number of investment solutions to satisfy the needs of various institutional investor channels to access private investments efficiently
What you'll do:
- Supporting the Investor Team with daily activities focused on Introduction and Syndication (Seedrs Anchor Investor Service).
- Engaging with a large network of institutional investors through events, networking, workshops, daily calls and emails.
- Developing and implementing programmes that Increase the activity and engagement of current Seedrs institutional investors.
- Acting as a touch point for institutional investor inquiries, and providing a highly personalised experience.
- CRM (Salesforce) - Building reports and maintaining data governance, such as investor records, business records, revenue and pipeline management.
- Collaborating with Marketing teams to coordinate and deliver investor-focused events and activities.
- Working closely with Marketing to create compelling collateral and content.
- Producing insightful Industry and Investor related research and reports.
- Reviewing company eligibility for introduction to Seedrs’ Institutional Investor Network.
What we're looking for:
- Strong attention to detail
- Quick learner, ability to adapt
- Financial services experience: some experience working with institutional investors or startups/companies.
- Extremely well organised and diligent, with experience of managing and delivering multiple projects simultaneously.
- Confident communicator, able to manage multiple stakeholders internally, and externally.
- Demonstrable experience building B2B relationships.
- Have an entrepreneurial and commercial mindset.
- Have an interest in how early-stage businesses raise capital and how investors analyse companies
- Proficient with Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel,l and Salesforce CRM
- 1-2 years or more in investment related roles (VC, banking, private equity, startup consultant, accelerators)
- Flexible about working outside of traditional office hours (investor events, networking)
- Have gravitas, charisma and a mature approach to business.
- Are positive and proactive. You'll be working as part of a team, but will be expected to display true ownership of your objectives, and accountability for delivering results.
- A belief in the value-creating potential of early-stage businesses.
- You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised Gym or ClassPass membership.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme.
- Discounted Smarterly ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Cheese day.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!