Seedrs is a leading equity crowdfunding platform and one of the most active funder of private companies in Europe. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London with offices in Lisbon, Amsterdam, Berlin and New York. We are backed by top UK fund manager Neil Woodford, Lord Rothschild’s Augmentum Capital, a number of European VCs and over 1,000 of our own users. Seedrs is experiencing exceptional growth and is looking for superstars to join our team.
We’re looking for a super connected and passionate individual to join Seedrs’ Business Development team. Your role shall be to identify the Benelux’s best entrepreneurs and help them harness the benefits of raising funds through Europe’s biggest our online investment platform.
As one of the most active funders of European companies, Seedrs is at the cutting-edge of innovation in fin-tech, entrepreneurship and growth capital fund raising.
You will play a fundamental role in driving our growth, and impact how hundreds of exciting and groundbreaking companies access the funds to realise their ambitions.
The ideal candidate will have hands on knowledge of the Benelux’s startup ecosystem, with a strong network of entrepreneurs, top accelerators, VCs and co-working spaces.
You should be a clear strategic thinker, hustle-driven, and thrive on building profile for Seedrs and yourself. The job will require top-notch interpersonal skills, commercial nous, a true passion for entrepreneurship, and genuine empathy for entrepreneurs.
Based in Central Amsterdam, this position sits within the Benelux’s Campaigns team, the business development team focused on speaking with top entrepreneurs; increasing their knowledge of equity crowdfunding, how Seedrs can support their fundraising efforts, and helping them prepare for a raise on our platform.
What you'll do
- Identify and engage with the Benelux’s most exciting early stage businesses, ensuring they use our platform to raise their growth funds.
- Grassroots community building in the startup ecosystem.
- Build relationships with key partners (accelerators, co-working spaces, event organisers, service providers,etc.).
- Generate brand awareness for Seedrs through organising, attending and speaking at industry events and meetups.
- Be a true ambassador for Seedrs, equity-crowdfunding and entrepreneurship.
- Educate businesses on the Seedrs funding products, including campaign creation and marketing strategies.
- Build a strong and sustainable pipeline of fundraising companies who go on to use the Seedrs platform successfully.
- Regularly and accurately report to the Campaign Development Manager on your development pipeline.
- Build close relationships with the internal stakeholders in our London office, for successful hand over of fundraising companies.
What we're looking for
- A born networker. You have a strong book of contacts in the Benelux startup ecosystem.
- Have worked in or have knowledge of startups/accelerators/VCs.
- At least 2 years hands on experience consultative selling to SMEs and/or early stage growth businesses; developing and managing a sales pipeline.
- A clever, diligent, hard-working, empathetic and pleasant person who adds loads of value to our team.
- Someone who is genuinely interested in and excited about startups, venture capital, angel investing and crowdfunding. Ambitious and responsible.
- An entrepreneur at heart. We are counting on you to propose new ideas, discuss other people’s ideas and generally go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Someone with who loves to improve sales funnel management and tries new techniques to create more exposure and leads.
- A precise, clear and sharp thinker. We are a regulated financial services business and hold ourselves to high standards of presentation and professionalism.
- Someone who wants to progress quickly either in terms of strategic thinking or by moving into a more leading role.
- Someone who is adaptable. We’re a very fast growing company, and we need to operate with all hands on deck.
Salary & benefits
- You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Team socials in London, Amsterdam, Berlin and Lisbon.
- Great office at the WeWork Metropool in Amsterdam with free coffee and free beer!