We’re looking for an ambitious and proactive Internal Auditor to cover an eight month maternity period from September 2018 (with potential to extend). Seedrs is an innovative and fast growing FinTech business and you will add value by working with management and the Board to assess risk and implement effective controls and procedures. This is an amazing opportunity for somebody wanting to develop his or her career in audit or risk management.
What you’ll do:
- Engage with all parts of the business and work with the Board to assess key risks and maintain an annual plan in order to determine audit scope
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk and control management over operational effectiveness, financial reliability, and compliance
- Work with various business teams to obtain, analyse, and evaluate business information and documentation relevant to the agreed audit scope
- Identify and report to management and the Board any control gaps, weaknesses and inefficiencies, and make recommendations
- Work with management to develop and agree on management action plans to remediate identified business risks
- Follow up on the implementation of management action plans, regularly reporting on the implementation status to the Board
- Proactively assess business, industry, and new, emerging risks
- Liaising and working with our external auditors, as required
Who we’re looking for:
- We’re looking for someone with a genuine interest in FinTech who is looking to develop a career in audit and risk management. Ideally:
- You will have experience in external / internal audit, or a risk management role within a financial services firm
- You may have worked in an IT or cyber security role, although this is not essential
- You are qualified in, or studying towards, a relevant professional qualification
- You have exceptional report writing and English skills
- You have great attention to detail and analytical skills
- You have the ability to manipulate quantitative and qualitative data
- You are a proactive self-starter, and you are comfortable working autonomously in order to provide senior management with an independent audit review
- You are comfortable having discussions with people at all levels of seniority
- You are comfortable and enthusiastic about working in a dynamic environment, appreciating new and emerging risks arising from operating in an innovative industry
Salary & benefits
- You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Salary: competitive.
- Employee share options.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit and coffee!