Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with over £500M invested into campaigns and more than 720 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London with offices in Lisbon, Amsterdam and Berlin. We are backed by top UK fund manager Neil Woodford, Augmentum Fintech PLC, listed on the London Stock Exchange Main Market and Europe’s largest listed fintech fund, a number of European VCs and over 2,000 of our own users. Seedrs is experiencing exceptional growth and are looking for superstars to join our team.
What you’ll do:
- Architect, design, build and maintain the Seedrs web platform.
- Participate in all phases of an Agile Development cycle.
- Work as part of the Engineering team to build visually, compelling, interactive web and mobile applications.
- Work closely with the Design team to deliver the best user experience.
- Write automated tests to ensure extensive test coverage and a successful continuous integration process.
- Be involved in the technical community to develop best-of-breed solutions.
- Constantly monitor performance and user metrics to identify issues and recommend changes and new features.
- Have fun!
What we’re looking for:
- Fluency in English.
- A degree in a relevant subject.
- A good understanding of UX/UI and how to build amazing web and mobile experiences.
- Exposure to modern stacks and languages. E.g. Node.JS, Go, Python, Ruby
- Working knowledge of Webpack, Gulp, Grunt or similar.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and how to create reusable and decoupled components.
- Understand how to optimise the performance on the frontend when you have large volumes of data.
- An ambitious and responsible person.
- An entrepreneur at heart. We are counting on you to propose new ideas, discuss other people's ideas and generally go above and beyond the call of duty.
- We’re not as bothered by which school you went to, as that you’re a clever, diligent, hard-working and pleasant person who adds loads of value to our team.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge on how to create data visualisation within web applications (usage of D3.js or similar)
- Some exposure to AWS, Docker.
- Knowledge of microservices and associated challenges
- Genuine interest in FinTech and an enthusiasm for the changing landscape of alternative finance
Salary and benefits:
- You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Team socials.
- Cheese day.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!