Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with over £320M invested into campaigns and more than 600 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London with offices in Lisbon, Amsterdam and Berlin. We are backed by top UK fund manager Neil Woodford, Augmentum Fintech PLC, listed on the London Stock Exchange Main Market and Europe’s largest listed fintech fund, a number of European VCs and over 1,000 of our own users. Seedrs is experiencing exceptional growth and are looking for superstars to join our team.
We’re looking for a motivated Operations Associate with a keen interest in how platform businesses work, to support our finance, investment and compliance functions. This is a varied role, that reports into the Finance Team but connects with all aspects of the way our business provides its services. You’ll have exposure not only to the internal teams but also our investor and entrepreneur clients. There is a real opportunity to develop in this role, and make improvements across the platform’s operations to further our strategic objectives.
What you’ll do
- You’ll support our Finance Team in processing daily transactions on our platform, liaising with investors and our payment providers.
- You’ll support our Investment Team by helping to facilitate secondary share transactions, coordinating with investors and third party brokers.
- You’ll support our Compliance Team to facilitate the onboarding of clients, including customer due diligence and monitoring activities.
- You’ll support with responding to customer queries in relation to platform operations, on the phone or through our customer support service, Intercom.
- You’ll work with data across the business to make recommendations as to how the finance, compliance and investment functions can improve their services and scale effectively - both domestically and internationally.
- As you progress in the role, you’ll also work closely with our Technology team on the platform infrastructure in respect of the above areas.
What we’re looking for
- Someone who is has a real interest in platform businesses and how they operate.
- An enthusiasm to work in fintech and change the landscape of alternative finance.
- A self-starter and a problem-solver - we want you to be able to use your initiative to improve inefficiencies and collaborate with teams across the business.
- Some experience of working in a professional environment.
- A willingness and interest in using technology.
- Someone who can empathise with customers.
- Analytical, responsible and with excellent attention to detail.
- A good attitude and a willingness to listen, learn and apply knowledge.
- Fluent English.
Salary & Benefits
- You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Salary: £25,000.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Team socials.
- Cheese day.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!