Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with over £320M invested into campaigns and more than 600 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London with offices in Lisbon, Amsterdam and Berlin. We are backed by top UK fund manager Neil Woodford, Augmentum Fintech PLC, listed on the London Stock Exchange Main Market and Europe’s largest listed fintech fund, a number of European VCs and over 1,000 of our own users. Seedrs is experiencing exceptional growth and are looking for superstars to join our team.
We are looking for an Interim Senior Legal Counsel / Company Secretary to join our team for up to 6 months, to cover our Chief Legal Officer’s maternity leave. Full and part-time applications will be considered. The role will report to the CEO, with your key responsibilities being to support the Board and the Executive Team with a range of legal and regulatory matters.
What you'll do
- Work with the Executive Team on new product development and strategic projects, which will involve collaborating with all parts of the business to find commercial and customer-focused legal solutions;
- Act as Company Secretary to the Board, including supporting the CEO and Executive Chairman with preparing, attending and following up from Board meetings;
- Work with the Executive Chairman on our international strategy, including evaluating regulatory regimes and business opportunities; and
- Support the rest of the Legal and Compliance Team on a range of legal and regulatory matters to deliver practical and pragmatic support to the business and, if necessary, engaging with the regulator.
What we're looking for
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience as a lawyer in a corporate or financial services field.
- Experience (and enjoyment) of working in an in house, high paced environment.
- Practically able to apply rules and regulation to new domains and technologies.
- Exposure working for/with a regulatory body - preferably the FCA.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience dealing with a Board and other senior stakeholders.
- Ability to turn your hand and risk spot across a wide variety of legal challenges.
- Are fluent in English, have excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- A willingness to work flexibly. We are a very fast growing company, and we need to operate with all hands on deck.