Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with over £620M invested into campaigns and more than 820 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London, with offices in Lisbon, Amsterdam and Berlin. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 2,500 of our own users. Seedrs is experiencing exceptional growth and are looking for superstars to join our team.
We have created a working environment which allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals:
➮ Be entrepreneurial
➮ Think customer first
➮ Do the right thing
➮ We succeed as one team
What you’ll do:
This is a varied role, which will provide you with exposure to all areas of the business:
- You’ll work with the Senior Compliance Associate in being a first point of contact across the business for compliance issues, including financial promotions, complaints, and client money and assets.
- You’ll perform compliance monitoring activities across the business, including client money and asset reconciliations. This will mean you need to develop a commercial understanding of each team and communicate effectively with people in other business functions.
- You’ll deliver regulatory and compliance training across the business that will focus on various teams, products and regulations. You will take the findings from your compliance monitoring activities to determine training needs.
- You’ll support the Compliance Director in maintaining our relationship with the regulators by completing FCA reporting and keeping up with regulatory updates.
- You’ll support our Product, Design and Development Teams in ensuring new and existing products are both compliant and able to optimise their impact within regulation.
What we’re looking for:
- We’re looking for a smart, hardworking, energetic and practical person who is excited about what Seedrs is doing.
- A self-starter and a problem-solver - we want you to be able to use your initiative to improve inefficiencies in the compliance function and collaborate with teams across the business.
- A desire to gain a strong knowledge and understanding of FCA requirements.
- Someone with a genuine interest in the industry and with an enthusiasm for the changing landscape of alternative finance and how that is regulated.
- Excellent analytical skills and comfortable working with numbers; you’re not afraid of spreadsheets.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing and communication skills.
- Adaptive to a fast-paced and dynamic environment, you will be able to manage your own time, and work on a number of projects and tasks at a time.
- A bonus would be that you’ve had some experience working within a financial services businesses and/or financial compliance - but it isn’t a must if you can demonstrate you are keen to learn.
- Legally authorised to work in the UK.
Salary and Benefits:
- You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Salary: £25-28k
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised Gym or ClassPass membership.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme.
- Discounted Smarterly ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Cheese day.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!