Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with over £790M invested into campaigns and more than 950 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with offices in Lisbon, Amsterdam and Berlin. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 2,500 of our own users. Seedrs is experiencing exceptional growth and are looking for superstars to join our team.
We have created a working environment which allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What you’ll do:
As a result of growth, the need for a Business Intelligence capability has surfaced from all business areas; be it strategic decision-making, new products or data accuracy. This role is a fantastic opportunity for a tech-savvy professional with an analytical background to help create and develop the BI & Analytics team within the Finance Team as the business looks to expand further.
- Help to develop the business intelligence capability in Seedrs, working within the Finance Team on improvement in processes, and tools / technologies used for insights generation.
- Create and own metrics and reporting/dashboards/models for weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasting & reviews: including OKRs and business pipeline (funnel) metrics.
- You’ll own and drive the vision of the single source of truth for our key metrics and terminology – working closely with the Finance Team and software developers/data engineers.
- Assist with the production and maintenance of the company’s economic model.
- Automate the creation of core insights using industry best practice methods: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Provide ad hoc support related to financial variance analysis.
- Help develop compelling stories via meaningful visualisations that convey the actionable insights to all internal stakeholders (e.g. marketing, sales, senior management, C-Suite).
- Integrate new data sources into the business to help us better understand performance.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the commercial objectives and identify opportunities to improve existing data sources and tools.
- Partner with the Tech and Product teams to evaluate the financial viability of new products and features .
- Have the opportunity to take a leading role in the ongoing development of this function.
What we’re looking for:
- BSc degree in a quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- You have 3 years experience working with data in a finance (or finance-related) domain; fluency in financial terminology preferred.
- Strong communicator – able to communicate complex ideas effectively and at the correct altitude, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with Business Intelligence (BI) tools, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL and SQL Server.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Able to use initiative, a good attitude, and a willingness to listen, learn and apply knowledge.
- Possess a willingness to work flexibly - we are a very fast-growing company, and we need to operate with all hands on deck.
- Experience with VBA, CRMs, Looker, APIs, accounting software or financial modelling training is a bonus.
Salary and benefits:
- You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top-notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised Gym or ClassPass membership.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme.
- Discounted Smarterly ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Cheese day.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!